02 Sep Really Free Year Round Credit Report
September 1st is a free credit report day for me. So is January 1st, and May 1st. Every four months I send a free credit report request to annual credit report dot com. Annual Credit Report provides a free report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and Trans Union. You are permitted one free report from each bureau once per year. There is a charge for additional reports. By using this tip you can keep the free credit report pipeline open all year long.
I request a report from only one company at a time, but I do that every four months, so that over the year I receive 3 separate reports. If you have a computer and if your computer has access to a calendar system, like Outlook or Google Calendar, you can program a recurring event to notify you when to order the next report. Easy Schmeasy. Get one free report in the mail every four months. Free is good. Really Free is better.
Additional information is available on the Federal Trade Commission website.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- Social Security Income: Invisible Money Bankruptcy Cannot Touch. - December 19, 2016
- What can and cannot be included on a credit report? - December 21, 2015
- Use Exemptions to Protect Your Property in Bankruptcy - January 20, 2014
- A profile of the typical person who files bankruptcy - January 13, 2014
- Amended Bankruptcy Rule 1007 changes Form 23 debtor education filing requirement. - January 7, 2014