12 Apr Practice Tip: Debt Relief Agency Notices
The majority of courts that have considered the issue have found attorneys are debt relief agencies under the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act. Being a debt relief agency requires compliance by bankruptcy attorneys with Sections 342 and 527. There are four debt relief agency notices a bankruptcy attorney must give a new client. You can link and print a copy of each notice here: BAPCPA DRA Notices. These notices must be given within 3 days of offering to provide bankruptcy services. The attorney must retain a copy of the notices for 2 years thereafter. It is easy to save your notices as a .pdf file on your computer.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- Why does the IRS file liens? And what you can do about one. - September 21, 2018
- Social Security Income: Invisible Money Bankruptcy Cannot Touch. - December 19, 2016
- What can and cannot be included on a credit report? - December 21, 2015
- Use Exemptions to Protect Your Property in Bankruptcy - January 20, 2014
- A profile of the typical person who files bankruptcy - January 13, 2014