The majority of courts that have considered the issue have found attorneys are debt relief agencies under the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act. Being a debt relief agency requires compliance by bankruptcy attorneys with Sections 342 and 527. There are four debt relief agency notices a bankruptcy attorney must give a new client. You can link and print a copy of each notice here: BAPCPA DRA Notices. These notices must be given within 3 days of offering to provide bankruptcy services. The attorney must retain a copy of the notices for 2 years thereafter. It is easy to save your notices as a .pdf file on your computer.
Andy Miofsky, Esq.
Latest posts by Andy Miofsky, Esq. (see all)
- How to file bankruptcy – What are Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases in bankruptcy? - November 20, 2013
- Bankruptcy stops debt collection automatically - September 13, 2013
- Filing bankruptcy is a 24 hour business. - July 22, 2013
- Top 3 tips to prevent identity theft - July 20, 2013
- Experience Debt Relief Through Bankruptcy (not against it) - May 30, 2013
Last modified: January 12, 2012