12 Oct Pamela Stewart speaks at The People’s Law School
Pamela Stewart, a Houston/Victoria (Texas) consumer bankruptcy lawyer spoke recently about bankruptcy at The People’s Law School sponsored by The University of Houston Law Center – Center for Consumer Law.
Highlights of the session included discussion of the different chapters of bankruptcy, who is eligible to file a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the meeting of creditors that all debtors are required to attend, reaffirming debts – particularily for homes and vehicles, exempt versus non-exempt property, and the means test.
The People’s Law School is a free program focused on sharing information with the public about their legal rights and the role these rights play in their daily life. Ms. Stewart also spoke about bankruptcy at the The People’s Law School held in April.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- What To Do If You Are a Creditor In a Bankruptcy? - March 24, 2015
- Your House Is In Foreclosure: What Should You Do? Part Two - April 4, 2014
- Your House is in Foreclosure: What Should You Do? - February 3, 2014
- Why Is My Bankruptcy Taking So Long? - December 3, 2013