“That’s the promise we need to keep. That’s the change we need right now . . . let me spell out exactly what that change would mean if I am president,” Obama said. “Now is the time to change our bankruptcy laws, so that your pensions are protected ahead of CEO bonuses . . .”
Bankruptcy law change was one of 29 changes called for by the Democrat Party nominee for election as president of the United States. It is testament to the urgency of economic issues that the topic of bankruptcy is highlighted in the presidential election speech.
Read more Bankruptcy Law Network posts on bankruptcy in presidential election politics:
- Obama Biden & Bankruptcy. What is Really Going on Here? by Carmen Dellutri, southwest Florida bankruptcy attorney.
- Obama and McCain’s Votes on Bankruptcy Amendments by Brett Weiss, Maryland bankruptcy attorney.
- Barack Obama on Bankruptcy Reform by Brett Weiss.
- Obama vs McCain on Bankruptcy by Brett Weiss.
- Barack Obama on Bankruptcy/Credit Reform by Brett Weiss