19 Aug New Judge for Southern District of Texas – David R. Jones
A big welcome to the Southern District of Texas Bankruptcy Court’s newest Judge, David R. Jones! David will take the bench officially October 1, 2011. David is a partner in the creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and restructuring group of Porter Hedges, and has been practicing law since 1992. He has been recognized as a “Leader in the Field” of Bankruptcy/Restructuring the State of Texas by Chambers USA in 2009, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law since 2007. David has also been named as one of the top 100 lawyers in the Houston Region by Texas Monthly. Prior to becoming a lawyer, David was an engineer and an accountant. While practicing, he has represented a number of our Chapter 7 Trustees. Prior to joining Porter Hedges, David was a partner with Floyd, Jones, Rios & Wahrlich, PC.
For practitioners in his court,David has advised he is very techy and loves litigation! He also said he wants all attorneys that come before him to be well-prepared and, if you don’t know something, don’t be afraid to tell him so.
David, and soon to be, Judge Jones, WELCOME!
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1: An Unlikely New Weapon Against Debtors - January 9, 2017
- Court Says Chapter 7 Debtor May Not Have Two Cases Pending at Same Time - December 12, 2016
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- Unsettled Question: Another Court Rules That Bankruptcy Client Worksheets Are Privileged - February 6, 2016
- Chapter 13 Debtor’s Lawsuit Tossed Out for Failure to List It in Bankruptcy Documents - January 31, 2016