If you incur medical bills after you file a Chapter 7 or while you are in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy case, you are responsible and liable for paying those medical bills. However, if you incur medical bills while you are in a Chapter 13 case and then convert to Chapter 7 – those medical bills are dischargable.
If any of your medical debt includes a doctor bill, be aware that doctor could refuse to treat you in the future if you file for bankruptcy.
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013
Last modified: March 23, 2009