I’ve Moved During My Bankruptcy: Now What?

03 May I’ve Moved During My Bankruptcy: Now What?

It is not uncommon for debtors to move while their Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy is pending.  Generally, this is not an issue provided a change of address is sent to all necessary parties.  If you move before your case is discharged, do not assume your mail will be forwarded.  Instead, at least notify your attorney, court, and bankruptcy trustee.


Most courts have a change of address form that you can file with the court.  For example, the Southern District of California uses CSD 1547 as its change of address form, which can be filled out in a few minutes. Its real simple: Provide your name, new address, sign, file with the Court, and serve the Trustee.  The Court takes care of the rest. In the Southern District Bankruptcy Court, you do not even need to sign it since the attorney can do the same for you.  Just contact the law office and provide the new address.


As always, be sure to notify other interested parties of any address changes such as vehicle lenders, tax authorities, and other creditors that will not be discharged in your case.


Written by Michael G. Doan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The following two tabs change content below.

Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.