23 Mar Home Ownership Preservation Foundation (http://www.995hope.org/)
The Home Ownership Preservation Foundationâ€™s mission is â€œto help homeowners avoid foreclosure.â€ HOPF is a nonprofit organization that provides HUD-approved counselors to advise homeowners facing foreclosure at no cost to the homeowner. The telephone number is 1-888-995-HOPE.
Counselors are provided by companies including Auriton Solutions, Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Atlanta, Consumer Credit Counseling Services of San Francisco, Novadebt, Springboard Nonprofit Consumer Credit Management, and Money Management International. The counseling can be obtained in Spanish, if needed.
When you call, you can expect an introduction to the process of counseling followed by questions regarding your major bills including your mortgage payment, mortgage lender, and mortgage loan number.
HOPF does not provide loans but can put you in contact with local nonprofit resources to assist you.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1: An Unlikely New Weapon Against Debtors - January 9, 2017
- Court Says Chapter 7 Debtor May Not Have Two Cases Pending at Same Time - December 12, 2016
- What Happens to My Inheritance in Bankruptcy? - December 2, 2016
- Unsettled Question: Another Court Rules That Bankruptcy Client Worksheets Are Privileged - February 6, 2016
- Chapter 13 Debtor’s Lawsuit Tossed Out for Failure to List It in Bankruptcy Documents - January 31, 2016