22 Jun Are You Going Broke Helping Your Adult Children?
It seems that many older people who find themselves considering bankruptcy have gotten themselves into debt by helping adult children or grandchildren out of a bind.While generosity generally makes you a better person, too much generosity can put you in a position where you can’t help anyone, including yourself. Perhaps the eleventh commandment should be “thou shalt take care of yourself.” If you don’t take care of yourself, you will never be able to carry on taking care of others.
So, if you find yourself considering bankruptcy because you have borrowed heavily to help others or have co-signed loans which didn’t work out as promised, remember that generosity is a two way street, and adults are generally capable of taking care of themselves.
Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN)
Latest posts by Bankruptcy Law Network (BLN) (see all)
- New Judge for Southern District of Texas – David R. Jones - August 19, 2011
- Limited Emergency Efforts to Save Homes Continue - June 30, 2011
- Why Run Your Company Into The Ground? - June 6, 2011
- New U.S. Trustee for Texas – Region 7 - October 2, 2010
- Is Chapter 13 An Option For A Small Corporation Or A Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)? - September 29, 2010