10 Dec Gambling Doesn’t Solve Debt Problems
Some other signs of a gambling problem: losing time from work due to gambling, gambling to get money to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties, borrowing to finance gambling, and selling property to finance gambling.
As a bankruptcy attorney who helps people with financial difficulties, I can tell you that compulsive gambling causes debt problems. Fortunately, help is available from the following three organizations:
- Gamblers Anonymous, National Service Office
Information for those with gambling disorders as well as for their family and friends
- National Council on Problem Gambling, Inc.
Learn more about problem gambling and the council’s toll-free helpline
Information for family and friends of those with gambling disorders
Latest posts by Jill Michaux (see all)
- Last Day to Comment on New Chapter 13 Plan, Petition, Schedules, Means Test, Bankruptcy Rules Changes - February 17, 2014
- Does Chapter 13 Mean Paying All Creditors Back? It Could Be Zero to Unsecured Claims - June 18, 2013
- Random Bankruptcy Audits Stopped - April 24, 2013
- What’s Baseball Got to Do with Bankruptcy? - March 31, 2013
- Bankruptcy Code Dollar Figures Raised 6.3% for Inflation - February 21, 2013