15 Jan Foreclosure Rescue Companies – A new breed of swindler
The New York Times today featured an interesting article entitled “Swindlers Find Growing Market in Foreclosures.” Every day, we see clients, both from Illinois and Wisconsin who face mortgage foreclosure. We know your greatest fear is that you will lose your home. You get mail from people who say they want to “help” you. You have people knocking at your door. Our clients tell us that this scares them.
Be scared of con-artists, swindlers and crooks. These scammers are not out to help you. They want your money and won’t help you keep your house.
HELP YOU CAN USE
You can use help to get your mortgage modified. Short of litigation, your best bet is to work with an approved not for profit agency.
Here’s the list of HUD approved mortgage counselors in Illinois and in Wisconsin. These agencies will help you contact your lender and won’t charge you a penny. Save your money.
If you get a summons and complaint or anything that looks like a court paper, you need a lawyer. Right now. Don’t delay a second. If you don’t respond, you will lose your house no matter how hard you try to modify your mortgage.
Your lawyer may be able to help you in foreclosure court or in bankruptcy court. Protect yourself. For more information, visit us at our mortgage foreclosure defense web page. Other attorneys in the Mortgage Law Network can also help you in the states in which they practice.
Latest posts by Jay Fleischman, Esq. (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Bankruptcy Exemptions Before Your Case Is Filed - August 28, 2013
- Beware Of This Person When Trying To Wipe Out A Second Mortgage In Chapter 13 - August 26, 2013
- Our Best Tips For Filing For Bankruptcy Without Your Spouse - August 22, 2013
- 5 Ways To Celebrate Financial Literacy Month - March 31, 2013
- Burning Money With Handcuffs On - March 21, 2013