01 Nov Foreclosure Rates Are Up! Can Bankruptcy Help?
Writer, Keisha Lamothe, in an article for CNN Money.com entitled “Foreclosures: Moving on up” reports that foreclosure filings rose during the third quarter of 2007, increasing by 30% over foreclosures in the second quarter.
The article, based largely on a report by RealtyTrac, further noted that the number of foreclosures nearly doubled from this time last year and is expected to remain high over the next year.
The numbers are staggering: More than 635,000 foreclosure ( 1 of every 196 households) through the third quarter.
Bankruptcy can provide you with options to stop a foreclosure. If you need advise on foreclosure issues or other debt related issues, contact a consumer bankruptcy attorney such as the one of the attorney’s in the Bankruptcy Law Network.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013