05 Jan Definition Of Credit
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCA) does not specifically define the term Credit. However as with many other terms used in the FDCA, the Act relies on the definitions contained in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA).
Under the ECOA “Credit” is defined as either:
- The right to defer payment of a debt; or,
- The right to incur debt and then defer payment.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013