10 May What Is A User?
Users are entities that purchase consumer reports from credit reporting agencies.
For a user to be able to obtain a consumer report it must show that it is obtaining the report for a permissible purpose.
In addition to potential and current creditors using credit reports, many employers and insurance companies now use credit reports to determine whether or not to hire you or whether to insure you. The rate you pay for insurance can also depend upon what is contained in your credit report.
With more and more users of credit reports it is important to confirm the accuracy of your credit report and to take action to correct inaccuracies.
An attorney with experience with consumer credit issues such as those with the Credit Law Network can assist you with credit reporting errors.
Latest posts by Kevin Gipson, New Orleans Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies. A Summary. - January 20, 2017
- The Reverse Mortgage. What You Need To Know! - April 24, 2016
- Payday Loans: Myths and Facts! - February 21, 2016
- Medical Credit Cards: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly - October 14, 2013
- Will Obamacare Reduce Bankruptcy Filings? - October 1, 2013