26 Feb Defense of Foreclosure
With foreclosures heading toward an all time high, defensive tactics are becoming increasingly important. Due to the complexity of the home loan securitization process, it is often hard for a loan servicer to find the original paperwork from the loan transaction. Here is a news story highlighting some of the defenses used by attorneys to defend homeowners from foreclosure.
While a technical challange may not be the best strategy in some circumstances, if congress fails to enact legislation to help homeowners, bankruptcy has signigicant limitations.
Latest posts by Kent Anderson, Esq. (see all)
- What is the Automatic Stay and Who Does it Protect? - February 17, 2018
- Who gets the diamond when bankruptcy is filed? - January 19, 2017
- What is a Medical Bankruptcy? - April 2, 2016
- Tax Refunds in Bankruptcy - January 17, 2016
- Federal Bankruptcy Exemptions Now Available in Oregon - July 17, 2013