16 Sep Can Bankruptcy Help Get My Drivers License Back?
In North Carolina, filing bankruptcy may help you get your drivers license back if it was taken away due to unpaid tickets or an accident without proper insurance. The license is taken away because people did not meet a financial obligation, and the state imposes loss of the license as a penalty for that. When a bankruptcy case is filed, the debt obligation goes away and the state will return the license to the driver. It is important to carry insurance to protect yourself, your car financing company, and most importantly other drivers. But if you find yourself in a situation where an accident occurred that you can’t cover and your license was taken away, speak to a bankruptcy attorney to discuss Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Filing bankruptcy will not help you get your drivers license back if you lost it due to DWI or some alcohol and drug related issues.
Latest posts by Susanne Robicsek, North Carolina Bankruptcy Attorney (see all)
- New Bankruptcy Forms: Easier, Or More Problems? - January 20, 2016
- Forget about Bankruptcy - August 29, 2013
- After Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharge: Can You Take A 401k Loan? - March 13, 2013
- What Is A No Asset Bankruptcy Case? - February 13, 2013
- Bankruptcy Basics: When is Chapter 7 A Good Option? - January 13, 2013