16 Apr Behind in your mortgage payments? Donâ€™t give up!
Associated Press writer Alan Fram reports that 1 in 7 homeowners predict that they might not be able to make their mortgage payments. This is a shocking and dismal statistic that is ignored by our countryâ€™s leaders. Nothing is being done to help homeowners, PERIOD.
If you are a distressed homeowner, you are on your own in this battle, but you donâ€™t have to go it alone. So what can you do to protect yourself? Well, the good news is that youâ€™re already doing it.
You are scouring the internet for information, and youâ€™ve found one of the best sources out there. Mortgage Law Network and its sister site, Bankruptcy Law Network, are chock-full of articles written by leading bankruptcy and consumer attorneys.
Most directly, you can find articles on filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy or fighting your foreclosure. For instance, Andy Miofsky explains how Chapter 13 can help catch those payments current, and I posted an article on fighting your mortgage foreclosure in state court.
Whatever you do, donâ€™t give up! You are not alone, and there are lawyers out there that will help!
Latest posts by Chip Parker, Esq. (see all)
- Can I Lower My Car Payment in Bankruptcy? - April 15, 2017
- How Will Bankruptcy Affect My Credit? - March 28, 2017
- Will the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act be extended? - January 18, 2017
- How will my bankruptcy affect my spouse’s credit? - February 15, 2016
- Bankruptcy is an excellent retirement strategy - January 15, 2016