22 Oct Alternatives to Bankruptcy–Debt Settlement–New Info!
I have been writing about alternatives to bankruptcy. In an earlier post, I discussed debt settlement.
I just wanted to make a quick post about some of the problems with debt settlement. The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) have posted a brief paper online about some of the problems with debt settlement. This paper includes links to other, reputable sources for information. These sources include the Government Accountability Office and its report on debt settlement; the National Association of Attorneys General; and other sources.
If you are contemplating debt settlement, please read this paper before you commit to anything.
Adrian Lapas, Esq.
Latest posts by Adrian Lapas, Esq. (see all)
- Valuing Assets in Bankruptcy–A Cautionary Tale (In re: Worley, 4th Circuit) - February 28, 2017
- Eastern District of North Carolina Issues Order in Wake of Hurricane Matthew - October 14, 2016
- Timing in Bankruptcy Cases - April 21, 2016
- Debt Settlement–Yet Again? - February 26, 2016
- New Forms for Bankruptcy Cases - December 31, 2015